Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Espannnnnnya m'esta cridant

It's official! I've finally heard from Inés and Chris and I are definitely traveling down the East Coast of Spain to stay with her in Alcoi, a city outside of Alicante. After I explore a bit of Barcelona on my own before Chris' plane lands, we head 3 hours south to the city of Valencia, the region's capital. After a day and a half in Valencia we'll head further south to the sub-region of Alicante where we'll stay with Inés for 4 nights and explore the cities of Alicante, Alcoi, and who knows what else - Inés is planning the itinerary. Then we´re back north to Barcelona for a couple days before I bus up to Andorra and Chris flies home to Boston :-( It will be a bittersweet trip but I can't wait!

After this trip I'll have visited 8 out of the 17 autonomous communities and twelve of the country's major cities. Score. Hopefully I'll be able to knock off Galicia and the Balearic Islands over the course of the next year as well. Oh Spain how I've missed you. I can't wait to spend my days chatting away in Spanish and Catalan, stuffing my face with Pyrennean and Mediterranean delights, and sipping my glass (read: bottle) of wine...

This weekend I'll be in New York visiting Lou - I leave via BoltBus today at 4. Despite my relatively non-stressful summer I do feel like I need to get away for a bit. Hopefully I can keep my mind off of Andorra-planning, researching, and other "issues" I've been having. Tonight should be chill - I don't get in until after 8. Tomorrow is either high line park or Chelsea market or both - I don't recall - then an awkward-as-f**k barbeque in Darien, CT chez Mike Sinacore, my sophomore year roommate. Darien is where the Stepford Wives was filmed. Enough said. It's the first summer I've been "available" to attend, so Lou and I will make the hour or so trek there. Hopefully I can maintain a buzz and have a pleasant time. I just changed my ticket home to 5:40 pm Sunday night so we can hit up the beach since supposedly its going to be hot and nice in the morning.

I want to leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaveee

No comments: