Well that's a bit depressing - only four more full weekends until my departure...and they're already booked more or less between NYC, the Cape, Providence, and the going away party. Strangely enough I'm not getting increasingly unpleasant per my usual separation anxiety but rather just sad. It's not like I live this thrilling life that I can't bare to separate myself from - I'm just so stressed about the teaching, research, making friends, etc. that sometimes I convince myself it isn't even worth it. Sometimes I'm just so over this Master's - I just want to make money, travel, eat, and speak/learn languages all day long. I think I need to buy a new bottle of St. John's.
This past weekend was nonetheless enjoyable. Thursday I went to see Bruno with Matt, Aly, and Chris. Though I didn't love it I was certainly entertained. One of my favorite scenes included Jamie Lynn Spear's baby being voted abortable as a D-List baby. Loooove abortion! Friday I played grandpa and stayed in - went to Haymarket, made some dinner, went for a run, and watched 'La Flor de Mi Secreto' (and was pleased I can still watch Castillian Spanish movies without subtitles save a few rapid passages)
Saturday was a bit more dynamic - pregamed at Chris' along with Mark and co. for Mark's bday, then headed over to Cambridge where Shatilla, Derek, and some CT/NY people Chris knew all were celebrating Shatilla's departure to Law School in Florida. I was doing reasonably well until Kevin bought me a Mojito, which put me over the edge into brownout mode. Apparently Chris tricked me and got me a tonic water which I was convinced was a G&T. Afterwards we went to IHOP, but instead of going in I decided to stand outside and talk to Derek the whole time. Straaaange.
Sunday I was most certainly hungover, but nonetheless I went to have lunch on Newbury after Chris and I picked up Derek and Kadie from Waltham where Shatilla lives. Bummmmmmmmmmmmmblefuck. Why on earth would anyone who isn't a suburban family or a student at Brandeis want to live there? We ended up at Pazzo to meet up with their other friend Dave. I was not in the mood for socializing and just ate my "PLT" - salmon with pancetta, arugula, and grilled tomato in a zesty mayo. Quite tasty. I was a waste the rest of the day and sat around until True Blood and Hung at 9.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment