My oh my...67 days until I depart for Iberia and my year-long adventure begins. I've been going through my travel blog from the last time I was abroad and could seriously die I miss traveling like that so much. I just hope I'm so enthralled with European life that I don't dwell upon being homesick and missing people.
I've been thinking about where I really want to travel to, trying to be realistic about time and money. Let's make a list:
Definite -
Barcelona, Spain & Tolosa (Toulouse), France -Both of these places have direct bus lines from Andorra La Vella and are about 3 hours away
Valencia & Alicante, Spain - since I'll spending time with Ines in Alcoi before heading to Andorra, I'll also get to explore these great two cities!
Extremely likely
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur - Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Nice
I imagine this would be a single trip around a week or where I'd attempt to hit up some of the major cities in Provence
A Coruña & Santiago de Compostela, plus perhaps Porto
I really want to do Galicia and just stuff my face with seafood, perhaps rounding it out with some port in Porto in nearby Portugal
Les illes balears - Palma de Mallorca, Maó, and Vila d'Eivissa
I've been dying to explore these islands, especially to hear the varieties of Catalan spoken there. It's a quick flight from Barcelona, though I'm not sure about inter-island transport
Hopefully feasible
St. Andrews & Edinburgh, Scotland
A friend of mine will be studying in Scotland in the fall, and I can't say I anticipate ever having a desire to visit Scotland otherwise, so might as well!
If I can find a travel companion
Algiers, Algeria & Tunis, Tunisia
I would love to visit these two cities and elsewhere in the two countries, but I'd be scared doing it alone. Hopefully I make friends in Andorra lol!
If a cheap opportunity presents itself...
Basically I could put any European capital in here, but I'd most certainly like to go anywhere in the former Yugoslavia first - Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, and Montenegro (I've already been to Macedonia)
Mmmk enough dilly-dalling. I need to go put in some hours with Dwayne now. Ciao ciao.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment