Well I'm all moved into the new apartment - quite the ordeal. I awoke Sunday morning feeling refreshed after abstaining from going out and ready to move. Everything was boxed up and ready to go at 12 when we were able to get into the new place. From 12-4 we moved all the awkward odds and ends that could fit in the cars; then came the phone call from "Jonathan's Movers". "Hi, do you have a truck?". "Um why would we have a truck, you are the movers". Long story short they were FUCKTARDS and never secured a truck for the move despite this having been indicated clearly in their confirmation e-mail. Being May 31st when leases are up, there was no chance for us to get a truck or van from anywhere - the day seemed destined for disaster. Thank Satan Lauren managed to get her mattress deliverers from Sleepy's to move our impossible items - the mattresses, kitchen table, couch, and Mel's desk and dresser. Despite their help, the move in total lasted 10 hour - even with the extra hands from Jonathan, Jillian, and Matt. Exhausted and dehydrated, we celebrated around 11 with pizza and beer.
The next morning I wanted to die and continue to feel that way. My entire body is sore, and I also seem to have contracted whatever illness Christopher had - swollen glands, sore throat with painful swallowing, fatigue, and general unpleasantness. Having to move furniture from IKEA yesterday certainly did not help. After being awake for a few hours and taking drugs I do feel a bit better, in fact I have somewhat of a second wind, but we'll see once the drugs wear off.
It's rather strange that although I am settling into this new place I will have to leave it in 80-some days. The excitement of setting everything up makes me kind of want to stay...but I mustn't. I think I will be signing some kind of fake document indicating that I plan on returning to my same apartment for 2010-2011 - I do rather fancy it. I just don't know how to pack up my life into two suitcases. Luckily as a tax haven and shopper's paradise, I shouldn't have an issue finding new clothes for myself.
I also found out yesterday that I am possibly going to a 5-night all-expenses-paid Fulbright orientation in D.C. The State Department sent a letter to my house. Looking online, however, it seems like people going to Western Europe don't need to attend. As far as I knew, I had an orientation upon arrival in Andorra, then another small orientation in Madrid and that's it. I've emailed the other grantees to figure this out...
So yea, nothing else too exciting going on. I've walked to work the past few days, going along the reservoir, which is a nice 30 minute light cardio workout. I've seen turtles, geese, swans, mallards, robins, and fish! What a little nature gem! Unfortunately all the overweight middle-aged men in athletic shorts and bouncing sagging genitals ruined my experience. Bleh...soon it will be hot as shit and any outdoor physical activity will be tedious. I need to get my bike fixed so I can ride to work, not to mention to bike on block island this weekend.
Hopefully I can make it through the rest of the week without blowing too much money on random shit for the apartment. Then the excitement of gay lover's weekend in Rhode Island!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment