Monday, February 16, 2009

For Peter...sorry its kind of boring

well here goes another Monday morning, back to the daily grind...

The weekend was quite enjoyable, beginning with a Friday afternoon full of baking cookies and cake. We put together a surprise pregame/party for Kristen's 23rd, and around 3 o'clock Chris' Melanie and her friend Holly came over to start the baking process. In honor of Kristen and her strange food habits the appetizers were - peanut butter cookies with jelly, snickerdoodles, ham and butter sandwiches catered from panera, funfetti cake, and croutons with ranch dressing. Strange, but all quite tasty to be honest. The surprise went over very well, and around 10 we all headed to Dillon's where we had reserved the back area. The trip back home became mildly traumatic in that my Melanie a) lost her wallet with ID, etc. and b) fell on the ice and cut open her eyebrow/bruised her eye, but luckily the wallet has been turned in and her face is on the road to recovery.

Saturday our friend Mo came in from Virginia, so Chris and I decided to postpone our Valentine's day celebration until a later date. Chris and I did grab a drink at Eastern Standard but then split up for dinner. I ended up at Sunset with Mel, Lauren, Anthony, and Mo - very greasy and fatty but of course delicious stuff. We picked up beers from BLM and had a nice evening just staying in and catching up.

Sunday morning we grabbed bagels at Bagel Rising before a blah-ish day. I put in a couple of hours for my RLL job, BSC-ed ,went to Trader Joe's, did some homework, etc. I spent a fair amount of time attempting to book a flight to Taiwan at the end of May to visit Dani, but I have thus far only come out with an intense loathing for online ticket booking. I find these great deals for like $800 round-trip, I get to the point of purchase, etc. and then SURPRISE! WE ARE UNABLE TO BOOK YOUR TICKET! WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY $500 MORE?!?!? Honestly it makes me want to die. Based upon this experience I don't have high hopes for making it to Asia in May...

As a consolation prize I booked Chris and my spring get-away to DC for Patriot's Day weekend. We have almost 4 full days, 3 nights at a Sheraton downtown plus airfare for $422 each. I think that is a pretty good deal and am very excited! We'll get to hang out with Mo and Dane (whole live close in Fairfax county, VA) which is an extra bonus. I went to DC in 8th grade for like 3 days and don't really remember much. I'm excited to check out the nightlife, the food, the museums (most of which are free, apparently?!) With all the immigration from East Africa to D.C. I am very excited for some great Ethiopian and perhaps some other fun cuisines!

This week is looking pretty non-descript aside from Tasca for dinner on Wednesday. Next weekend Chris is out of town so I am free, haha. We shall see if I am able to come up with some interesting plans...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!