Wednesday, July 2, 2008

главата ми боооооооли

I suppose it has been long enough since I updated, though there isn't much to be discussed. 

Apparently I've been mildly depressed as of late, as evidenced by my blackout sob-fests that have occurred over the last two weekends.  I'll attribute them to financial woes, the miserable weather (at least in an apartment sans a/c), Christopher's absence, general loneliness, and the ever-present uncertainty of my future endeavors.  I got myself overly worked-up yesterday morning over nonsense and found myself wanting to cry on the T on the way home. 

Thanks to Bryan, however, I became friends with St. John and his Wort.  I marched over to Trader Joe's after getting home and made the $7.99 purchase along with a body detox kit, then went over to Peet's to sit and people watch and work on my Fulbright personal statement.  Within 20 minutes of taking the miracle herb, I was feeling quite chipper - whether or not this was of my own doing, or the herb, I don't really care. Moral of the story is that I was feeling much better. 

With respect to the Fulbright, I am again pressing forward for the 2009-2010 grant despite previously having decided against it.  I sent some e-mails back and forth with MT, and she was incredibly encouraging, saying how what I had written to her was already a personal statement and project proposal in the making. To quote her, "Andorra or bust!"  Were I to receive and accept the grant, I would end up splitting my MA down the middle and finishing in 2011 instead of 2010. Seeing as I'm sure I'd come up with something for my thesis while abroad, I think it would help if anything. Yay Andorra. 

After Peet's I went home to study some Latin (still the bane of my existence), made some dinner, and then went to meet Jillian at White Mountain for some Mint Patty frozen yogurt. I really need to start leaving the apartment more frequently - I get nothing accomplished there, and regardless of whether or not there are people to hang around with, it's great to get out.  

Today is another humdrum day in the department. I have my interview for the Summer OIP assistantship at 2:00pm, so hopefully that goes well. At least it's something I legit am interested in, so hopefully that shines through.  Ok I need some caffeine. Tata!

No comments: